Saturday 27 April 2013

Piglet: Crick to errr... Crick! - 27th April 2013

When we woke up the wind had picked up and the skies overcast but we set off after breakfast as planned.  But not before opening my Birthday cards :)
Around the bends though the wind was absolutely bitter and blowing strongly.  If it wasn’t for the canal passing through lovely countryside I think it could have been one of those days where boating would be a chore not a pleasure.  After some discussion we turned at Elkington Bridge.  The wind did not make this easy and we also picked something up on the prop which made the engine labour but a few forwards and backwards seemed to clear it (which was proven after checking the weed hatch later in the day).  Eventually turned, we headed back to Crick.  Had I realised that not far further on was the A14 bridge which I’d driven over many times thinking “I would like to go under on the canal someday” I think I may had persevered a little longer but that’s one for another day now.

We arrived back in Crick shortly after 1:30pm and just made last food orders at the Red Lion at 2pm.  A quick drink in the Wheatsheaf afterwards and the rest of the day was spent relaxing on the boat watching TV and reheating the Lasagne left over from a few days previous.

No comments: